So when I first built the Guild, Clan, Corp Website theme with Kera we were just learning Wikidot. Over time I've modified and tweaked the theme pretty drastically, bringing in parts from other themes like Phantom, thanks Rhombus! Combining the corporation's favorite parts from our old theme and new themes we finally settled on this version. This version supports topbar, sidebar and also has code that will style the forums. We are considering tweaking the color scheme of the forums later on down the road but it's fairly easy to see where to do that in this cleaned up version of the CSS.
There are two images that are part of this theme. One is the banner, the other is the background. To change them simply find the image file calls in the code and replace them with links to your own images. The lines you need to find are:
To host your own files just go to your wiki and upload whatever images you want to be the banner and the background for your site and then replace the URL in the code lines with your own URL. It's best if you use a banner that is a transparent .PNG file so that it looks nice against whatever background you are using. Though, of course, that is entirely up to you.
Preferred method of installation
- Expand the CODE section, below.
- Copy/Paste the CSS from the code section into notepad, notepad++ or an editor of your choice.
- In your editor change the background and banner image paths to use your own files. (See note above about the images)
- Go to the Admin Management panel for your Wiki
- Go to the Appearance link
- Go to Custom Themes
- Create a custom theme
- Create a new custom theme and name it whatever you like
- Copy the code from your editor and paste it into the window provided.
- Save it.
- Select Themes in the navigation bar.
- Set your new theme.
How to install
- go to: your wiki admin panel » appearance » themes
- choose External CSS theme
- supply the following URL as the CSS location